Thursday, December 11, 2014

Final Project: Minimalist Collage








My collage was about how women try to assimilate themselves by "perfecting" their bodies with enhancers but turn out to look very unnatural and scary. I used scale by choosing disproportionate features; I chose eyes that were too big for the head, and a body that was too small for the head. I placed the figure in the center bottom of the page so her hands could come off the page and it seem as though she is trying to hold on to it. The hair I chose had a large hand in it so I kept it and created it to seem as though the hand was a bigger/higher person than the "woman" and trying to fix her hair and it make it bigger while it is already perfect and big enough. I isolated the figure and did not add anything else so it could be the only thing on the page to draw attention. I also incorporated stitching the pieces together to give off a "Frankenstein" look to it in order to create unity, which I was very successful with. This piece overall is my personal favorite because it touched a very interesting realistic subject. This project is very similar to the collage project we created by incorporating proportion, scale, and isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment