Thursday, December 11, 2014

Selfie: Value, Line, Shape, Negative Space


I used texture and value to create the illusion of depth by using black paint and ink mixed with water to create the grays. I showed a well use of contrast and negative space by using a white ink pen with a very tight pattern to illustrate it as the darkest dark and then gradually spaced out the pattern to differentiate between the background and my hair in the photo. with the whitest white, I used a black ink pen to create the same contrast as the white ink pen with a black background. I carefully painted and used the removable tape so no smudges or blemishes were created and was very successful. I would change the way I set up the pattern; trying to cover the entire black background was a very tedious task. This project was very similar to the "Figure/Ground" project because the objective was to use contrasting colors; the white/black ink pens created much contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment