Thursday, December 11, 2014

Memory Game




The condition of the deck of cards were well crafted-- there were very few to no blemishes or smudges and the colors were very opaque. Though they could have been better, much time and effort was put into creating the cards. I used repetition of the poppy flower images and created a simple design on the front and back of the cards. I created a trivia game about Remembrance Day in the UK and tested the player's knowledge on why the flower is a very strong symbol and how it has very great influence over the years. The deck of cards show unity and integration because they are the same on the front and back and show relation to each other. I had originally planned to create a game board and include dice and pawns, but it came to be more difficult than I had thought and ran out of time. I would have been more successful if I had incorporated the game board with the dice and pawns. I was very successful painting the poppy flowers onto the tracing paper and cutting them out with the cutting knife and gluing them onto the cards. This project was very similar to the "Color Spinners" project because we had to create a design and repeat it through out the piece in different scales.

No comments:

Post a Comment