Friday, October 10, 2014

Color Spinners and Grayscale


 

This was the first composition took much detailing and time. There was use of Geometric and organic shapes, rectilinear and curvilinear. Rectilinear is a shape with pointed edges while curvilinear is a shape with curved edges. I used the acrylic paint to create very opaque colors for each shape. I was very successful in mixing colors creating lighter and darker values. I would change my application method; the more I used the acrylic paint in other compositions, the more I got the hang of it and it became easier to apply the right amount and not in excess. The grayscale composition was fairly easy and taught me how to create an incremental value. This assignment relates to the grayscale "selfie" composition because both assignments required using value. 

No comments:

Post a Comment