Friday, October 10, 2014

Grayscale Selfie Composition


I was successfully able to create incremental value with the ink. At first, it was challenging to get the value I desired; I had to go over the part I wanted to be darker several times. There is contrast and emphasis going on all over the composition where the whitest white value contrasts against the gray spots around my face along with the black background causing my face to standout and be emphasized. I was very detailed, though I could have added a little more around the grayscale values on my face. My piece was clear with no smudges besides a small blemish on the bottom right corner due to the paint sticking to the tape I used to protect the border but overall, I was successful with the quality. I could have added a couple more details so the values would contrast better against each other and unified the entire piece. I successfully created a nice grayscale value throughout this composition. This assignment relates to the grayscale assignment because we had to create a grayscale value from whitest white to blackest black and this was very similar with ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment