Friday, October 10, 2014

Texture and Line

This assignment was most difficult for me because it was very hard to create a very tight pattern and I was inexperienced with the dip pen. I would change my last row of patterns to create something tighter and more texturized. I successfully created movement and pattern throughout both pieces. This composition taught me how to use line, shape, and motion; as well as getting the hang of a dip pen. This assignment relates to the grayscale "selfie" assignment because of the use of line and contrast along with positive and negative space. Adding areas of negative space gave more texture and definition to my composition because it made the positive space become more defined and stand out more creating more contrast. This composition was one of the very first assignments and as I was still getting the hang of being precise and neat with my artwork, I only had little smudges and blemishes. Now, I have made progress in keeping my artwork neat and blemish free.

No comments:

Post a Comment