Friday, October 10, 2014

Figure/Ground

My composition started with a "curly" I which could represent a cursive capitalized L or just an I. In my figure/ground composition, I created unbalance by starting from the top corner creating a "falling off of a cliff" effect in the far right piece. I also created a sense of unity by connecting each corner of the pieces of the letter. The strongest element in the construction of my figure piece, was line/motion. I created a motion of something "falling off the edge." I was most successful with creating a very clean and neat abstracted image. I would want to change the placement of my figure piece to create a different "state of being." Overall, this piece was my most successful and enjoyable. This assignment relates to the "Texture and Line" assignment because our original piece ended up being abstracted in the end and we had to create contrast while using negative space.

No comments:

Post a Comment