Friday, October 10, 2014

Collages: Minimalist and Maximalist


In my collage compositions, I used scale, isolation, and placement to create emphasis. In the "maximalist" collage, I used scale by choosing bigger men sleeping and also chose smaller people as well as mountains scaled to be smaller than the "sleeping giants." Next, I used placement by placing the "giants" on top of the mountain and leaning against them sleeping. and placed the smaller people in the grass. Lastly, I used isolation by isolating the "giants" from the people.
In  the "minimalist" collage, I used placement by placing the facial features on a background of many birds. I placed the eyes, lips, and nose in accordance to a face. I chose larger scaled eyes and smaller nose, eyebrows, and lips so the eyes would be emphasized more, in which I was successful.
I would do minor changes to both compositions because the water on the bottom of the page in my "maximalist" collage competes with the "giants" for emphasis because they are the same color scheme. I would add a bit more to the face to emphasize the eyes in my "minimalist" collage. I successfully emphasized what I chose to be emphasized and had overall success in creating both compositions. Both compositions were well organized, clear, and blemish/smudge free. This assignment relates to the "figure/ground" composition because we were supposed to create contrast and emphasis on a figure in both compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment